My personal and professional strategies for 2009.
2009 is upon us and as I wrap up my end of the year vacation I am thinking about the goals, ambitions, perspectives I want to ensue during the year. No this is not the beginning of a five-year plan (I am still banning those) this is a strategy to become a better me in 2009. I have made a list of personal and professional strategies I hope to use over the next year. To keep my posts from being too lengthy there will be a series of posts about all my strategies for 2009. Here is a recap for the strategies I am going to use this year.
- Find personal balance.
- Get married.
- Set time aside for personal creativity.
- Focus my civic engagement.
- Make my blog worth writing for.
- Complete my masters without going crazy.
- Find balance at work.
- Integrate what I am learning in my masters program.
- Don’t be so hard on myself and don’t take it personally.
- Stay connected with my growing network.
- Learn something from each of my coworkers.
- Put my thoughts about nonprofit systems on paper.
All these strategies are going to take a lot of commitment, but I want to make that commitment now to involve each of them in my life through out the year. Some of them will be easier than others, (I think getting married is at the top of that list!) but they are all something I have to do.
My hope is this list will make 2009 a great year, and I am glad I have taken the route of making my resolution matter this year.
Have you made any resolutions for this year? Have you created a list of strategies for yourself? What do you think of my list, too much? What do you think I should add?