More than you Ever Wanted to Know about this Blogger
Rosetta from Perspectives from the Pipeline tagged me on this, so I thought I’d take a stab at it. If you haven’t checked out Rosetta’s blog you have to. She is a wonderful, very knowledgeable women and you can all learn a lot from her.
These were the rules I have to follow, but I am cheating and only doing part 🙂 :
1) Post these rules before you give your facts
2) List 8 random facts about yourself
3) At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged
Now the Facts:
1. I graduated in December 06 with a BS degree in Public and Nonprofit Administration from Grand Valley State University.
2. Some of my greatest passions are Civic and Community Engagement. The more people participating at every level of the community the better off the community. This means voting, donating, helping a neighbor, recycling and much more.
3. I looove ice cream! Cheesecake and anything chocolate are my favorites. Ice cream solves most problems for me.
4. I have been to India only once and want to go back many times. India is just so bright, busy and full of excitement and wonderful people. I am now obsessed with Asian culture in all countries and hope to visit more. I may be going to Cambodia soon and can’t wait!
5. I also have a life long dream of visiting Africa. Again it comes down to community and culture. The sense of community in some small African communities is just amazing. And I hear there are some great people that everyone should meet. I want to hear all their stories.
6. I am planning on going to Law School in about a year. I need to fulfill my love for learning and working with public policy and nonprofits.
7. I love Grand Rapids and really all of Michigan for that matter. I have been wanting to move out of the state for ever, but every day it gets harder and harder. There are some wonderful people here and great places to visit. You all should consider moving to Michigan if you don’t live here already. Don’t be fooled by the rumors of our state failing, there are some passionate people here that won’t let that happen.
8. Lastly, but not least. I love to draw. I do mostly still-lifes in graphite and charcoal, but I like to experiment with different things, usually photography is one of those!! Drawing for me is a great stress reliever and a way for me to express my emotions.
If you want to participate in this fun little activity, copy and paste the rules on your own blog, and let me know, so I can find out about all of you who are reading!